Maximize efficiency, reduce costs and get real business insights for your Mining business with Sage X3 for Mining
Sage X3 for Mining
Mining companies are starting to embrace digital innovation in this sector and it appears that it’s starting to pay off. Companies have realized that in order to optimize productivity, manage costs and streamline efficiencies its becoming imperative to embrace the new technology that is coming our way. Technologies such as Drones, driverless trucks , remote devices to monitor and control activities and to optimize asset utilization, devices to pre-empt maintenance issues and self-diagnose before a technician is deployed as well as robotics for the automation of tasks all play part of the new digital world. But these ‘hardware’ technologies require the intelligence of a solid technology platform on which they can operate and feed information through, providing the real insights for business
Rio Tinto reduced costs by $80 million by building a remote monitoring and control facility that can connect with mines all over the world in real time. By using the technology to collect data from trucks and processing plants and then analysing the information for efficiency opportunities.
Read the full report and see how other mining companies such as Barick and BHP are embracing technology.
Sage X3 for Mining
The Sage X3 for Mining solution provides a powerful combination of financial, distribution, costing, scheduling, and maintenance and production tools. A workflow driven set of processes to manage procurement production, budgeting, maintenance and internal cost requisitions and the Business Intelligence reporting to provide meaningful business insights.
- Fully integrated systems eliminate data duplication saving time and effort
- Optimisation and efficient use of Assets
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics allow for early identification and removal of bottlenecks across the value chain, as well as provide powerful motivation to prospective/existing Mine investors
- Shift based configuration allows for more accurate information flow & greatly enhanced efficiency & cost reduction
- Real Time – a true understanding of what is happening within your mining operations – as it happens
- Mobility – Full control and execution functionality from any location resulting in better productivity, better customer service and access to critical knowledge for safety and upskilling.
The fundamentals of mining have not changed – what’s needed is a change at operational level that embraces the digital era. This presents a challenge to an industry that has been moulded using cultural and traditional business models over many decades. Now is the time to show how the mining industry can indeed deliver in all kinds of economic climates for many years to come.