Meet ever-increasing consumer demands efficiently yet effectively with Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Manufacturing
Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Manufacturing
Manufacturers need to undergo massive changes if they want to continuously meet the ever-increasing expectations of their customers. Customers are continuously demanding new products at affordable prices putting pressure on manufacturing companies to take a serious look at their current processors and systems.
A recent survey by Zebra indicates a massive 50% of respondents are still using spreadsheets to run their manufacturing business, more promising however is that nearly two-thirds have started to embrace smart technologies to achieve a fully connected factory by 2022. Those companies that don’t integrate automation and smart technologies over the next few years run the risk of becoming extinct.
Globalisation, increase in competitors, complex bill of materials as a result of customer demands for product variety makes a connected plant a necessity to ensure high quality products.
Companies can’t afford to produce defective or substandard products and the cost of scrap, returns, reworks and defects is simply too high not even considering the brand and company reputation that would take a serious if not irreversible knock.
A complex set of challenges which Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) has overcome with their Manufacturing Solution designed for both Process and Discrete manufacturers. From Formula and recipe management, to quality control, lot tracking and traceability, single and Multi-level Bill of Materials, production schedule maintenance, regulatory compliance and full supply chain management, Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Manufacturing provides a 360’ solution for your Manufacturing business.
- Production management methods by job, order or inventory
- Automated finite capacity planning
- Extensive lot, sub-lot and serial number traceability
- Flexible work order release management capabilities
- Bill of Materials management with component by date
- Product configurator, options and variants
- Flexible costing and pricing methods
- Manufacturing process management (batch/continuous)
- Capacity planning (CRP) master production schedule (MPS)
- Mixed-mode manufacturing process planning
- Formula/recipe and potency management
- Extensive quality control and traceability of lots, sub-lots, ingredients and allergens
- Forward/backward scheduling based on your priority
- Stock status, shelf-life management and expiry tracking to ensure quality across your supply chain
- Replenishment and inter-site transfers