Maximize efficiencies, streamline operations and control costs with Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Agriculture
Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Agriculture
There are many challenges facing the Agriculture industry, the greatest being climate change, the most critical being the availability and quality of water, increasing temperatures and the availability of renewable energy sources.
These factors influence growing seasons, production cycles, field rotation and yields all affecting the quality, quantity and nutritional factors of agricultural products. Agricultural companies should seek to mitigate damages done by climate change while improving processes and policies to reduce these impacts in the future.
Other challenges include:
- The slowdown in productivity growth
- Limited availability of arable land
- Price and availability of energy, particularity from fossil fuels
- The impact of urbanisation on rural labour supply, the average age of Farmers is increasing with fewer young people joining the industry
- Water management is critical with Agriculture consuming 70% of the world’s fresh water supply
Innovative tools, techniques and digital technologies are needed to survive in this highly challenging industry.
Precision or Smart farming is starting to catch on in the Agricultural industry. Implementing technology such as sensors, robotics, and computer based imaging, GPS technology, Climate forecasting and environmental controls offer high precision crop control, useful data collection and insightful analytics that allows farm management to make quick decisions.
Download the Beecham Research paper on Smart Farming
Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Agriculture is a solution that meets the needs for the following sectors:
- Oils seeds
- Grain Milling
- Animal Feeds
This powerful end to end solution provides the technology platform that will allow companies to take advantage of these new technologies now and in the future
Some of the key features in the Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) Agriculture solutions include:
- Powerful compartmental cost calculations to ensure accurate costing, forecasting and reporting per machine, per farm, per contractor as needed.
- Comparison of inter compartmental ratios and performance delivered via Business Intelligence reporting anywhere, anytime with drill down analyses.
- Management, reporting and comparison of farmer and contractor production and performance levels.
- Integrated Warehouse management to ensure proper goods received and allow complex packing procedures on shipment and reporting to maximize available space and inventory turnaround.
- Integration to on site capital equipment such as sprinklers and graders to deliver true cost of farming.
- Management of formulae and recipes, potency, by-products, multiple packaging units per product, shelf-life, lot-control and traceability, specific gravity and weight calculations.
- Timing, visibility and accuracy of information are vital in this fresh produce industry for the growers
- A key requirement is that of field to fork traceability, from planting stage through to final delivery to the customer