Run an agile, efficient, cost effective and profitable business with Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Transport & Logistics
Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Transportation & Logistics
The Transportation and Logistics Industry forms the backbone of any country. Ensuring that food, drinks and all consumer goods get from the warehouse to the supermarket shelves as well as the safe transport of petrol to ensure our tanks are always full. Transport and logistics is what enables South Africa to be part of the world economy through our imports and exports. Transport and Logistics companies are going to have to come up with ways to keep their prices affordable in a constantly evolving economy.
Some challenges facing the Transport & Logistics industry include
- Infrastructure Challenges – The state of the road infrastructure in South Africa is declining and ultimately has an impact on the growth of the Transport and Logistics industry.
- High Logistics Costs - Besides the continual rise in the petrol price and the additional cost of e-tolls, other costs include vehicle maintenance, which, due to the state of the roads is increasing the need for more regular vehicle maintenance checkups and replacement of Tyres.
- An Unskilled Workforce - The implementation of technology in the Transport and logistics industry has resulted in many of the job specifications requiring basic computer skills. Education in South Africa is still a challenge resulting in the lack of suitable applicants for these jobs.
There is not much that companies can do to resolve these challenges as they are largely Government and political issues. In order for Transport & Logistics companies to survive they need to re-assess their current systems and identify ways they can maximize their efficiencies and streamline their operations using a Technology platform that is built to manage and handle the current and future technological trends.
The future of the Transportation and Logistics industry and the success of the companies in this industry is linked to their ability and desire to embrace advancements in technology.
Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Transport and logistics is built on a technology platform that will take your business forward, allowing you to take advantage of IoT processors, devices and sensors such like:
- Managing Fleets with GPS tracking not only for location tracking and route optimization but to track vehicle utilization for maintenance purposes and fuel consumption reporting and to ensure your drivers are being responsible and safe on the roads.
- IoT devices and sensors that are installed to monitor goods in transit across the chain to provide better insight for shippers and receivers. These sensors can monitor temperature in the case of cold storage carriers and provide alerts to notify the driver or management should a critical issue arise.
- It will only be a matter of time before the safety regulation around drone delivery is formalized which will be another disruptive technology for the Transport and Logistics industry and when driverless car technology is perfected and readily available that too will change the landscape for Transport & Logistics companies.
Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Transport & Logistics will turn your data into meaningful business insights through its strong Business Intelligence and Analytics functionality to ensure your operation is agile, efficient, cost effective and profitable. Managing all aspects in the Supply Chain Sage Enterprise Management (formerly known as Sage X3) for Transport & Logistics can help to ensure your place in this industry for the forthcoming years.
Some of the many features include:
- Break Bulk Cargo
- Bunker adjustment factor (BAF)
- Cut-off time
- Emergency fuel adjustment factor (EFAF)
- First point of rest (FPR)
- Voyage management
- Manifest import and creation
- Bill of lading import and creation
- Partial/multi-invoicing invoicing of Bill of lading
- Demurrage / Storage Tariff management